How to use air fryer – Philips Airfryer Tips
Preparing fried food
add just a bit of oil to food
oil sprays the bottom of the mesh cooking basket
Give enough space
trim to leave a ½ inch room around bottom edge of the basket
Give foods plenty of space for the air to circulate
Pat foods dry
avoid splattering and excess smoke.
make sure to empty the fat from the bottom machine
Before cooking foods
Preheat the Airfryer
- sufficient time for approximately 3 minutes.
- reach the desired temperature.
- will increases cooking food time, causes sub-optimal results Don’t overcrowd.
- give enough space so that the air can circulate effectively
Pre-made packaged foods can be cooked
- lower the conventional oven temperature by 70 degrees
- reduce the cooking time by half.
- times and temperatures will vary by food.
During cooking airfryer
Shake the cooking basket
- cooking smaller items just like croquettes, french fries, wings,…
- Shake it around a couple of times
- rotate them every five to 10 minutes ensure the food item is cooked equally.
Empty fat from the bottom
- foods that are naturally high in fat such as chicken wings
- often empty fat to avoid excess smoke.
After using airfryer
- If you not clean the air fryer – your kitchen smell like fried foods.
- to loosen any food particles that remain on the cooking basket (high-fat foods like chicken wings )
- soak the cooking basket in soapy water prior to scrubbing or placing in the dishwasher.
- add hot water,washing-up liquid in pan with the basket insite soak for 10 minutes
- clean with non-abrasive sponge or brush, scrub the basket bottom, clean the pan
- outside of the airfryer will not get greasy like a conventional deep fat fryer
- clean the outside with a moist cloth, inside with hot water and a soft sponge.
- clean the heating element with a soft to mediym bristle brush, after dry with paper towels. DO NOT use a steel wire brush or a hard bristle brush
Many other cooking methods
- Not for frying — it’s great for other healthy cooking methods like baking, roasting and grilling, …